Activity: Takes place with a fixed time and schedule
to 15th June
You will earn 150 bronze points for completing this activity.Log In To Book
Carbon Literacy Train-the-Trainer Programme
Develop essential trainer skills, get paid to deliver Carbon Literacy training, make an impact on the biggest challenge of our time.
Are you passionate about climate action? Do you want to educate others about climate change and what they can do about it? Do you want to develop essential trainer and communication skills? Then join Manchester Met’s Team of Carbon Literacy trainers! Manchester Met is currently working towards the ambitious target of embedding Carbon Literacy in all degree programmes by 2026. Over the past year we have trained academics as trainers, but we are now looking to recruit students for this role too. As a Carbon Literacy trainer, you will primarily deliver Carbon Literacy training within your department. However, there will also be opportunities to deliver paid Carbon Literacy training to other students, members of staff and our wider community. You do not need to be a climate change expert to enrol on this programme; you just need to hold a Carbon Literacy certificate, and be passionate about sustainability/climate change issues. Requirements to Enrol on the Train-the-Trainer Programme
- You need to hold a Carbon Literacy certificate or have attended Carbon Literacy training over the past year (though your certificate may not have been issued yet). If you have not attended Carbon Literacy training, opportunities are available on 31st May and 1st June.
- You need to have attended a Carbon Literacy Facilitator Workshop. If you have not attended this yet, please sign up to the Facilitator Workshop on 2nd June.
- You need to commit to working with your department’s Carbon Literacy Champion(s) on the delivery of Carbon Literacy training in academic year 2023-24. This will involve delivery of a minimum of 2 sessions.
- You must be available for all the dates of the Train-the-Trainer Programme (7th, 8th, 13th & 15th June).
- If you have any additional learning requirements, please contact us as soon as you are able, so we can determine how to best support you in undertaking this training.
In A Nutshell...
- Access opportunities... to get paid to deliver Carbon Literacy sessions
- Learn... the drivers of and solutions to the climate crisis, and how to communicate these to others
- Develop... vital and transferable skills that will boost your CV
- Gain... the RISE Educator badge
- Earn up to 150 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
09:30 to 16:30 on 07/06/23 - TBC
Carbon Literacy Trainer Workshop and Activity Practice part 1 Part 1 of the trainer the train workshop and activity practice
09:30 to 16:30 on 08/06/23 - TBC
Carbon Literacy Trainer Workshop and Activity Practice part 2 Part 2 of the trainer the train workshop and activity practice
09:30 to 16:30 on 13/06/23 - TBC
Carbon Literacy Train-the-Trainer Activity Practice Practice delivering CL activities
09:30 to 16:30 on 15/06/23 - TBC
Carbon Literacy Trainer Assessment Day Assessment of whether participants have passed the course