Carbon Literacy for Staff and Students (face-to-face)
This one-day course will give you a comprehensive overview of climate change: the basic science behind it, its drivers and impacts, as well as an understanding of the actions required by individuals, communities, and organisations to avoid the worst impacts and set us on a path to a sustainable future. The activities are highly discussion-based and there will be ample opportunity to ask questions and share ideas.
After the training you will have the opportunity to apply for a Carbon Literacy certificate by demonstrating your knowledge of the necessary steps to achieve a zero-carbon world, as well making two pledges – one individual and one group – to actions that reduce your own and others’ carbon footprints.
If you have any additional learning requirements, please contact us as soon as you are able, at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can determine how to best support you in undertaking this training.
In A Nutshell...
- Learn... the science behind climate change and its key drivers
- Discover... what individuals, communities, and organisations can do to avoid the worst impacts of climate change
- Empower yourself... to take meaningful action on the most pressing issue of our time
- Demonstrate... your knowledge and earn a Carbon Literacy certificate
- Earn up to 75 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
09:30 to 16:30 on 31/05/23 - TBC
Carbon Literacy Training This full Carbon Literacy training for staff and students will take place over one day. The first half of the training will look at the scale of the problem; the second half will focus on practical action.