Takes place with a fixed time and schedule
to 29th March
Freshrb: Documentary Podcast Production #2 January
Using the medium of ‘Docu- podcasts’ (visually documented podcast, interviews/recordings) to advocate for the wellbeing of students/communities in the city of Manchester.
This 2 part project looking into production, podcasting and documentary making will ask you to explore ways that we can learn from older generations, and look to tackle ways in which we all experience loneliness. You will be supported in developing ways to to build connections and start conversations with intergenerational groups by Manchester Cares and Freshrb. You will learn ways to support older neighbours and work with Fresh RB to design a documentary Podcast exploring the connections you may form through this project. Everyone experiences feelings of isolation and loneliness and this could not be more apparent as we navigate our way out of a global pandemic. Ways in which we can tackle these feelings, whether you are feeling lonely or not, can start though simple connections. And in this project you will be invited to connect with older neighbours, and look to meet and learn from people in your community who are older. Fresrb use video, media and production to give a voice to marginalised health issues, people, and tackle social issues. Focusing on using video as a tool to bridge research with engagement, teach media skills and reduce loneliness in our communities. *If you are interested in responding to the Lonely Hearts Club Project Challenge, then these workshops would be great for you!
In A Nutshell...
- Engage... with the community, meet and interview older neighbours
- Discover... how to find common themes/trends on a subject, and how to interrogate a concept before interviews and production
- Investigate... and interview a subject area by building connections and learning from people
- Find out... key aspects that encourage social life, health and wellbeing in your community
- Tackle... loneliness in the community and think creatively about ways to support yourself and others wellbeing
- Earn up to 40 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
10:00 to 14:00 on 17/02/22 - BS 3.18 (N Atrium)
Pre-Production Workshop Learn about the research, planning and pre-production of a docupodcast, begin designing and planning, look at how production of podcasts can be a tool for tackling loneliness
10:00 to 14:00 on 24/02/22 - BS 3.18 (N Atrium)
Production workshop 1 Put your research, planning and pre-production into action and begin the basics of producing a visually documented podcast with media experts Fresrb
10:00 to 14:00 on 11/03/22 - BR1.64
10:00 to 15:00 on 29/03/22 - GE2.19 (TV Studio in the Arts and Humanity Building)
Interviews with Manchester Care