Woodland Workshop: Gardening 101
Come down to our Birley site to help maintain and enhance our Woodland area by the Brookes building. There'll be plenty to get stuck in, with a variety of planting, foraging and wellness activities.
Our local partner Hulme Community Garden Centre and leading the session, and you will be working alongside staff, students and local residents and volunteers to learn about woodland management.
This session will take place come rain or shine, please wear appropriate clothing, and ensure you come in suitable footwear (no open footwear allowed, if it is raining please wear wellies or boots).
Please meet Kath in front of Brooks building at 1:30pm, we'll then head over to the woodland area at Birley campus by George Parr Road (join us here if you arrive after 1:30pm).
In A Nutshell...
- Collaborate ... with students & staff across the university
- Upskill ... in a development programme facilitated by expert partners at Hulme Community Garden Centre
- Show Leadership ... and the opportunity to demonstrate creative problem solving
- Improve Wellbeing... by joining a community of students & staff in outdoor spaces
- Earn up to 15 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
13:30 to 15:30 on 17/05/23 - Brooks Building, outside main entrance
Woodland Workshop (Brooks Building)