Wilton Park Youth Ambassador
What is a Wilton Park Youth Ambassador?
Wilton Park are looking for ambitious, smart, internationally
minded students with an interest in diplomacy, trade, development or security, to become a Wilton Park Youth Ambassador for the year.
- Run your own Wilton Park style event on campus to promote and practice open dialogue and strategic conversations around the challenges we face today. You will have to write a concept note, a programme and plan all the aspects of the delivery of the event.
- Write social media posts and a report to inform your colleagues at university as well as your broader network.
As a Wilton Park Youth Ambassador, you can:
- Access dedicated Youth Ambassador Network resources to help you run your dialogues and conversations.
- Develop and demonstrate crucial skills in the following areas: event management, leadership, social media and policy writing.
- Attend Youth Ambassador Network events – allowing you to showcase the impact of your Wilton Park sessions held at your university and beyond.
- Network with likeminded ambitious young Ambassadors across the country.
- Attend select Wilton Park events (live or online) specific to your studies – allowing you an opportunity for enhanced learning, insight and engagement with those driving policies and making change.
- Access to all Wilton Park reports and newsletters – keeping you up to date with outcomes, impact and upcoming opportunities.
- After your time as a Youth Ambassador, we offer entry to our Alumni group – Friends of Wilton Park (FoWP).
About Wilton Park
Wilton Park is at the forefront of global policy development. We bring together governments, international organisations, civil society groups and individuals from around the world to discuss and develop practical solutions for critical global issues.
Our policy areas cover: conflict prevention, resolution and state-building; defence and security; global economy and trade; global health; human rights, good governance and faith; diplomacy and multilateral institutions; sustainable development, environment and climate change.
Our work has helped shape domestic and international policies on everything from nuclear security to sustainable development goals.
How to apply
To ensure we build the network at a steady and sustainable pace and make sure that all the students accepted onto the programme have full access to the opportunities described above, this year we invite applications from students currently studying at Cardiff University, King’s College London, Manchester Metropolitan University, Queens University Belfast, The University of Edinburgh and The University of Sussex.
Please click the link at the top of the page to complete your application.
This is a great opportunity to boost your CV and attend select Wilton Park dialogues related to your field of study.
Further details can be found on the website.
Application deadline 30th October
In A Nutshell...
- Demonstrate... your leadership skills
- Develop... event management & policy writing skills
- Enhance... communication skills
- Boost... your CV
- Gain... Rise points - submit your claim for points on completion of your Ambassador journey
23:50 to 23:55 on 30/10/22
Wilton Park Youth Ambassador Application for Youth Ambassador opportunity