Activity: Takes place with a fixed time and schedule
to 14th July
You will earn 70 bronze points for completing this activity.Log In To Book
We have two visitors, undergraduates from Hong Kong, coming for 6 weeks in June/July. Could you be the person to welcome them, help them navigate Manchester and MMU?
In early June, two students from City University, Hong Kong, will visit to do a placement with the Policy Evaluation and Research Unit in the Department of Sociology. We need a student to welcome them, help them find their way around, and get the most out of their visit.
Before they arrive, you’ll spend up to 10 hours doing the Building Cultural Competence intensive online. Then, you will have ten hours over the six weeks to:
- Welcome the students to ManMet and show them around the city
- Help them access the library and university IT systems, if needed
- Let them know what’s on, where’s good to eat and so on
- Help them create a video or photo diary to document the visit
In A Nutshell...
- Be part of... a ManMet welcome for visiting students
- Learn... through the Building Cultural Competence intensive, and then some intercultural engagement
- Work with... Policy Evaluation and Research Unit staff to make a great visit
- Earn up to 70 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
- Building Cultural Competence Important: You will only be able to apply for this activity if you have completed this pre-requisite study pack.
05/06/23 to 14/07/23
Work flexibly Over 6 weeks, you will join our two visiting students, sometimes with others, and help them get the most out of their visit.