Takes place with a fixed time and schedule
to 8th December
Support Young Refugees
Register your interest to participate in an emerging project to work with Afghan children currently housed in Manchester hotels
NOTE: You can still sign up for this activity! Rise has been approached by Manchester City Council to support 300 young people currently housed in hotels in the city, who We are keen to support; and are recruiting a cohort of students to help co-facilitate a programme. This is very much a work in progress (the call only just came in!), but we would like to work at pace to put something together. The likely model will involve a Wednesday afternoon programme of on-campus activities and off-site visits, led by practitioners with student support. Please express interest here if you would like to be part of this project and we will be in touch. You do not need any particular language or discipline expertise for this role. However we are in particular need of Dari and Pushto speakers - if you have this skill, please say in your expression of interest.
In A Nutshell...
- Make a Difference ... by supporting newly arrived refugees
- Expert Support ... with expert practitioners who will co-facilitate activities
- Take the Lead ... devising workshops and supporting delivery
- Gain rewards ... through Rise points
- Earn up to 300 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
17/11/21 to 08/12/21
To Be Confirmed