Social Media and Public History
Host Researcher: Dr Catherine Fletcher
This is an opportunity to work on research and writing and
have your work published online.
You'll be researching a wide range of historical topics for our blog and related social media stories. You will:
What you'll be doing
Tasks for Week 1: Team meeting and briefing on project. Introduction to the blog and social media. Brainstorm of content and division of tasks. Tasks for Week 2: Team meeting, discussion of content developed so far, continuing research. Tasks for Week 3: Team meeting, discussion and editing of draft content. Tasks for Week 4: Finalise content, produce social media content to promote planned posts. Reflection on skills acquired during project. The exact timing of the work is flexible and we will agree a time for team meetings that works for everyone involved.
In A Nutshell...
- Collaborate... on a real-life public history project.
- Develop... your historical research skills.
- Upskill... in social media promotion and marketing.
- Engage online... flexible working hours with one team meeting a week.
- Earn up to 300 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
23/05/22 to 17/06/22
Work flexibly Most of the work for this project can be carried out independently at a time to suit you.