Siemens Live: Digital Twins and Simulation
Siemens Digital Industries will be providing professional training on the Industrial Internet of Things, Cloud and Digital Twins. These sessions will train students to use Industrial grade tools to simulate factories (Siemens Tecnomatix Plant Simulation), to upload data from a real factory to the Cloud (Siemens MindSphere) and to create digital twin of the real factory through the Factory Twin addon for Plant Simulation. The participants will also be introduced to FESTO CyberPhysical Lab (a mini factory) which will be used as the case study for the training. The course will run over four two-hour sessions.
Participants who engage with all sessions will be issued a certificate of completion issued by Siemens.
An outline of what we are hoping to cover is:-
- An introduction to Digital Twinning, Industrial Internet of Things and Digitalisation
- A guided example of building a Plant Simulation Digital Twin of the Festo CP Lab
- A practical overview of MindSphere and how to extract live process data from the automation layer
- A practical overview of processing data using the Factory Twin application and integrating this back into the Digital Twin
In A Nutshell...
- Collaborate... with real industry professionals
- Upskill... in the digital technologies at the centre of modern engineering.
- Gain Recognition... with a certificate from Siemens.
- Earn up to 50 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
14:00 to 16:00 on 25/01/23 - C1.07 Cyber Physical Lab
Introduction to Digital Technologies This session introduces you to the course and the digital technologies used throughout.
14:00 to 16:00 on 01/02/23 - C1.07 Cyber Physical Lab
Creating a Digital Twin Students will begin using Siemens Tecnomatix Plant Simulation software to create their own digital twin of a micro-factory.
14:00 to 16:00 on 08/02/23 - C1.07 Cyber Physical Lab
Sending Data to the Cloud Students will work in groups to create data interfaces using Siemens MindSphere software.
14:00 to 16:00 on 15/02/23 - C1.07 Cyber Physical Lab
Factory Twin Using Siemens Factory Twin, students will complete their digital twin of the Festo CP mini-factory and complete the project.