Rise Research Internship - Preventing sexual violence in military contexts
The main aim of this internship is to conduct a literature to identify both academic and grey literature around different sexual violence prevention programmes and interventions that have been utilised in military contexts. This evidence gathering exercise will look to establish both what approaches have been utilised and their effectiveness.
- Develop an appropriate search strategy in collaboration with the subject librarian and academic staff.
- Utilising the search strategy, select appropriate literature.
- Critically evaluate the literature obtained to provide a written literature review synthesising the key published work available.
- The review will note which programmes and interventions have been evaluated and the results of the evaluation.
- Produce a full list of references for the literature review, including those not included in the review.
- Provide a file of saved literature review pieces.
- Produce a clear written method describing how the literature review was conducted, including key words, search strategy, number of articles generated, and the criteria used for appraisal (500 words).
The work will focus on sexual violence prevention efforts across the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand due to similarities across these areas. The review will also explore sexual violence prevention interventions in peacekeeping operations.
You will be work closely with our subject librarian who will support you to develop the search strategy. Academic staff will introduce you to the key points around and importance of programme evaluation.
In A Nutshell...
- Communicate ... effectively communicate the findings of a range of different sexual violence prevention approaches that have been utilised.
- Critically evaluate ... information from a range of different sources.
- Search ... develop and execute an effective search strategy in collaboration with academic staff and specialist library staff.
- Upskill ... in understanding the importance of programme evaluation.
- Earn up to 300 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
21/05/23 to 25/07/23