Professional Practice for Artists and Curators: Money matters, how to get paid
Creative practitioner and arts consultant Alison Branagan will zoom in to guide us through working freelance and setting up an artist's practice. Alison will take you through the daunting processes of registering with the government as self-employed and let you know what records you need to keep about your income and spending (including how much you can earn before you even need to pay tax)!
In A Nutshell...
- Learn about... the transition from being a student to a working artist: with MMU alumni
- Understand how to to... present yourself in writing for job and funding applications: insider info and techniques
- Find clarity on... financial matters for working artists including being freelance, invoicing and paying tax: hear from other creative professionals and take part in practical tasks
- Understand... what kind of website could work for you and how to build that: a designer will share the ideas and tools you could use to build a website.
- Earn up to 4 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
13:30 to 14:30 on 26/01/23 - Chatham 104
Money matters, how to get paid