Activity: Takes place with a fixed time and schedule
14:00 to 16:30
You will earn 6 bronze points for completing this activity.Log In To Book
Print City: Tour of facilities and Open Making session #2
A PrintCity Tour will give you an opportunity to see the facilities, print, and ask any questions you may have.
PrintCity is a 3D additive and digital manufacturing centre based at the Turing House near the Manchester Met University Birley Fields campus. They have a range of 3D Print facilities, including different types and scales of printers and a wide range of materials, including recycled plastic, to print with. PrintCity not only support students in their work development, but they also work with external clients such as the MET Police to create body armour prototypes. A PrintCity Tour will give you an opportunity to see the facilities, print, and ask any questions you may have. PrintCity’s doors are open to all students across campus. Open Making Open making is an introduction to 3D Printing where we will use the 3D Modelling software Autodesk Fusion 360 to begin to understand how to make an idea come to life. The session is open to all students, with no previous experience in CAD required. This is an opportunity to problem solve and work as a team to design ideas and understand how the software works. The session will begin with an introduction to Autodesk Fusion 360, followed by time to play with the software and get creative. Computers at PrintCity already have the software downloaded, however If you would like to download the software prior to the session, to your laptop, it is free via Autodesk Student Licence (Please register with your student email).
In A Nutshell...
- Tour...... your way around Man Met's 3D Print facility, find out about all our kit and get excited to start printing
- Meet...... Jamie-Lee, creative practitioner who works with 3D printed plastic in a sustainable way
- Make...... have a go at making something and get it printed
- Discover...... the possibilities at PrintCity, and see how Rise can show you more about 3D printing and digital making
- Second... in this series, you can attend both or just one, they are he same session repeated.
- Earn up to 6 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
14:00 to 16:30 on 15/10/21 - Print City MMU, Turing House, 5 Archway, Manchester M15 5RL
PrintCity Tour Tour and Open Making sesion, all welcome