Activity: Takes place with a fixed time and schedule
10:00 to 15:00
You will earn 15 bronze points for completing this activity.Log In To Book
Plastic Shed: Turning Vinyl banners into bags with Plastic Shed
A day experimenting with recycled vinyl banners material - its possibilities, designing bags of all kinds, then creating a prototype with the recycled vinyl banners material.
We will start this making workshop with an introduction into the harmful impacts of Vinyl banners and their normal life cycle. Think Big plastic banners on side of buildings, university open day banners, sometimes for promo that only lasts for 1 day! Then we will start a mini making session, creating items the Plastic Shed already make to showcase strength of the material. You will really get a feel for the materials. Then into design thinking mode, we will collaboratively brainstorm ideas based around the topic of ‘bags’ and how this material could be used, what type of bags it could be used to create and the style/design. After planning ideas, we put this all into making our designs, trial making the bags, seeing what works and what fails. There will be no pressure to have a finished item at the end, instead all the idea generation and testing will help us deisgn really useful products.
In A Nutshell...
- Introduction... into the harms of Vinyl banners and their normal life cycle.
- Mini Making Session... creating items we already make to showcase strength of the material but also for you to get a feel for how it cuts, sews etc
- Brainstorming... session based around the topic of ‘bags’ and how this material could be used, what type of bags it could be used to create and the style/design
- Trial Making... these bags, seeing what works and what fails. No pressure to have a finished item at the end!
- Earn up to 15 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
10:00 to 15:00 on 22/11/21 - Plastic Shed – Merseyway Workshop, Stockport.
Workshop with Plastic Shed – Merseyway Workshop, Stockport