Activity: Takes place with a fixed time and schedule
10:00 to 15:00
You will earn 15 bronze points for completing this activity.Log In To Book
Plastic Shed: Recycling Plastic Waste, an introduction to specialist techniques & machinery
Come along to Plastic Sheds headquarters and get to experiment with all their machinery they have to offer; a shredder, sheet press and injection moulder with various moulds. Discuss and experiment with the endless possibilities of what could be made out of this beautiful material.
Serious play day at the Plastic Shed! Get an introduction into our machines, the inspiration behind them (Precious Plastics) and also how we got each machine (through collaboration with Men in Sheds, donation and skill exchange) You will be allowed to use our shredder and heat press to create recycled plastic sheets and tiles that can then be used to make new cool stuff. We are also buying an Injection Moulder which will be super exciting to play with! COme to this workshop to play, make, design and put your hands
In A Nutshell...
- Introduction... into our machines, the inspiration behind them (Precious Plastics) and also how we got each machine (through collaboration with Men in Sheds, donation and skill exchange)
- Learn... how to use our shredder and heat press to create sheets and tiles.
- Experiment... with a variety of machinery Plastic Shed has to offer
- Brainstorming Opportunity......to discuss through endless possibilities of
- Earn up to 15 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
10:00 to 15:00 on 06/12/21 - Plastic Shed – Merseyway Workshop, Stockport.
Workshop with Plastic Shed – Merseyway Workshop, Stockport