to 2nd December
Plan & Produce a Live-Streamed Music Event - December
Art School Live is a project about bringing live music onto the MMU campus. We book bands, make a venue from scratch, set up a multicam live-streaming rig, create a brand identity, invite an audience and produce a professional hybrid event.
Art School Live is a project about bringing live music onto the MMU campus. We book bands, make a venue from scratch, set up a multicam live-streaming rig, create a brand identity, invite an audience and produce a professional hybrid event. There are a wide range of roles on offer to students to produce the show. These range from camera operators, vision mixers and photographers to graphic designers, social media officers, events managers and journalists/reviewers. This event will be taking place on the 2nd of December in the Holden Gallery Film Room. There will also be a run of production meetings and training sessions beforehand. Please check the full list of dates/times. Not everyone will be required for every one of these dates. We run these events once every 6 weeks, so keep your eye out for future projects. What you need to bring to the table
- Commitment: we’re asking you to commit to the show date, and the dates of the meetings and training in advance of the show.
- You will also have to undertake some work in your own time away from these meetings (e.g. creating graphics/animations, writing reviews, scheduling social media posts etc.) – each team usually meets up on an informal basis in between the official meetings.
- You will be required to meet deadlines and work to schedules.
- This is a student-led project – bring your creativity to the table.
- Technical Broadcast Team (TBT) The technical team will operate the cameras, vision mixing, sound, lighting and run the graphics and pre-recorded packages into the live show.
- Events Management Team (EMT) The events management team will look after the smooth running of the show – liaising with guests, carrying out risk assessments, logistics and ensuring good communication.
- Marketing & Branding Team (MBT) The marketing and branding team will look after the creation of the show’s graphics along with creating and distributing social media and other promotional content.
In A Nutshell...
- Gain hands-on experience...... working on a professional live music event
- Choose a team ...... Events, Tech & Marketing
- Use new equipment ...... operate a full Blackmagic streaming setup
- Receive mentorship ......from professionals
- Improve your CV ...... add to your showreel with professional content
- Receive full training ...... don’t worry if you don’t have experience, or you're not from an arts background we will train you, and you can shadow others who do have experience
- Earn up to 125 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
15:00 to 16:30 on 09/11/21 - Takes place online
Production Meeting In this session, we'll be getting stuck in with planning production.
15:00 to 16:30 on 16/11/21 - Takes place online
Production Meeting In this session we'll be continuing the production planning.
15:00 to 16:30 on 23/11/21 - Takes place online
Production Meeting and Training In this session, we'll start to take a look at some of the equipment and software used to create a live-streamed music event.
15:00 to 16:30 on 30/11/21 - Takes place online
Production Meeting This session will be our last production meeting before we meet at the venue to set it up!
12:00 to 18:00 on 01/12/21 - Holden Gallery Film Room
Venue Set-up We'll be meeting in the Holden Gallery Film Room to get the venue ready for filming.
15:00 to 21:30 on 02/12/21 - Holden Gallery Film Room
Show Day The big day! It's all hands on deck as we invite our bands to perform for us in the Holden Gallery Film Room.