Plan & produce a Live-Streamed Music Event (Art School Live - March)
Art School Live is focussed on bringing live music onto the MMU campus. We book bands, make a venue from scratch, set up a multicam live-streaming rig, create a brand identity, invite an audience and produce a professional hybrid event.
There are a wide array of roles on offer to students to produce the show. These range from camera operators, vision mixers and photographers to graphic designers, social media officers, events managers and journalists/reviewers.
This event will be taking place on the 23rd of March in a studio in the SODA building. There will also be a run of production meetings and training sessions beforehand. Please check the full list of dates/times.
We run these events regularly, so keep your eye out for future projects.
What you need to bring to the table
- Commitment: we’re asking you to commit to the show date, and the dates of the meetings and training in advance of the show.
- You will also have to undertake some work in your own time away from these meetings (e.g. creating graphics/animations, writing reviews, scheduling social media posts etc.) – each team usually meets up on an informal basis in between the official meetings.
- You will be required to meet deadlines and work to schedules.
- This is a student-led project – bring your creativity to the table.
Students will be split into three teams to run all the different aspects of the project:
- Technical Broadcast Team (TBT) The technical team will operate the cameras, vision mixing, sound, lighting and run the graphics and pre-recorded packages into the live show.
- Events Management Team (EMT) The events management team will look after the smooth running of the show – liaising with guests, carrying out risk assessments, logistics and ensuring good communication.
- Marketing & Branding Team (MBT) The marketing and branding team will look after the creation of the show’s graphics along with creating and distributing social media and other promotional content.
In A Nutshell...
- Gain hands-on experience... working on a professional live music event
- Choose a team ... Events, Tech & Marketing
- Use new equipment ... operate a full Blackmagic streaming setup
- Receive mentorship ... from professionals
- Improve your CV ... add to your showreel with professional content
- Receive full training ... don’t worry if you don’t have experience, or you're not from an arts background we will train you, and you can shadow others who do have experience
- Earn up to 84 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
14:00 to 15:00 on 02/03/22 - SODA 2nd Floor Village Green Area (2.19)
Introductory Meeting In this meeting we will introduce the project and assign roles
14:00 to 15:00 on 09/03/22 - SODA 2nd Floor Village Green Area (2.19)
Production Meeting In this meeting we will review possible poster designs and outline the marketing strategy for the event.
14:00 to 15:00 on 16/03/22 - SODA 2nd Floor Village Green Area (2.19)
Production Meeting In this meeting we will catch up on the progress of the marketing strategy and go over the tech setup.
15:30 to 17:30 on 22/03/22 - SODA Film Studio (Room 2.15)
Practice Day On this day we will go through the tech setup and run a practice stream. We will also go through how the performers/guests will be handled.
14:00 to 21:00 on 23/03/22 - SODA Film Studio (Room 2.15)
Performance Date This is the big day! We will put all the plans in to practice and carry out the live stream.
24/03/22 to 24/03/22 - SODA Film Studio (Room 2.15)
Studio Packdown All hands on deck for the most important part - clearing the studio of all the equipment!