Plan & produce a Hybrid Music Event (Art School Live – May)
Art School Live is focussed on bringing live music onto the MMU campus. We book bands, make a venue from scratch, set up a multicam live-streaming rig, create a brand identity, invite an audience and produce a professional hybrid event.
There are a wide array of roles on offer to students to produce the show. These range from camera operators, vision mixers and photographers to graphic designers, social media officers, events managers and journalists/reviewers.
This event will be taking place on the 5th of May in the Benzie building. The show will form part of the launch event for the UNIT X Festival. There will also be a run of production meetings and training sessions beforehand. Please check the full list of dates/times.
We run these events regularly, so keep your eye out for future projects.
What you need to bring to the table
- Commitment: we’re asking you to commit to the show date, and the dates of the meetings and training in advance of the show.
- You will also have to undertake some work in your own time away from these meetings (e.g. creating graphics/animations, writing reviews, scheduling social media posts etc.) – each team usually meets up on an informal basis in between the official meetings.
- You will be required to meet deadlines and work to schedules.
- This is a student-led project – bring your creativity to the table.
Students will be split into three teams to run all the different aspects of the project:
- Technical Broadcast Team (TBT) The technical team will operate the cameras, vision mixing, sound, lighting and run the graphics and pre-recorded packages into the live show.
- Events Management Team (EMT) The events management team will look after the smooth running of the show – liaising with guests, carrying out risk assessments, logistics and ensuring good communication.
- Marketing & Branding Team (MBT) The marketing and branding team will look after the creation of the show’s graphics along with creating and distributing social media and other promotional content.
In A Nutshell...
- Gain hands-on experience... working on a professional live music event
- Choose a team ... Events, Tech & Marketing
- Use new equipment ... operate a full Blackmagic streaming setup
- Receive mentorship ... from professionals
- Improve your CV ... add to your showreel with professional content
- Earn up to 80 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
14:00 to 15:00 on 25/04/22 - SODA 2nd Floor Village Green 2.19
Production Meeting (Intro to Project) In this meeting we will introduce the project and assign roles.
10:00 to 12:00 on 29/04/22 - SODA 2nd Floor Village Green 2.19
Production Meeting In this meeting we will finalise all plans for the event
16:00 to 19:00 on 04/05/22 - Benzie Building
Venue Setup We will begin the setup for the show the evening before.
09:00 to 20:30 on 05/05/22 - Benzie Building
SHOW DAY (Including Setup) This is the day of the event (all applicants must be available on this day). We will set up the venue in the day and carry out the show in the evening.