Takes place with a fixed time and schedule
to 10th December
Plan and Produce a TV Show
Apply to be part of the brand new ‘aAh! TV’ monthly arts & culture show.
IMPORTANT: Before you express interest, please read everything in the description below. You must specify which team(s) are of interest to you in your applicationAbout aAh! aAh! already operates as a well established arts & culture magazine and online platform run by student volunteers with a passion for journalism and a love for Manchester. It is honest, engaging and curious; a trusted source for relevant news, views, creative work and information. Join this Rise project to help launch the newest member of the aAh! family: aAh! TV Overview Students will produce a monthly half-hour show broadcast from the TV Studio in the Grosvenor Building, with guidance, training and mentorship from staff. Each month students from a varied set of courses will work together to plan and produce a professional quality live-streamed arts & culture TV show. The show will be focussed on the Manchester creative scene; including reviews of gigs/plays/films/exhibitions/venues, artist interviews, panel discussions, performances and more. Each episode will be a mixture of pre-recorded packages and live elements. This will offer the full experience of working on a professional production: planning field pieces, scheduling to strict time constraints, guest booking & liaison, studio technology, presenting to camera etc. The shows will be live-streamed to YouTube and Facebook, and the back catalogue will remain on these platforms. What you need to bring to the table
- Commitment: there will be a run of 6 shows throughout the academic year, we are asking you to commit to working on one of them, but you can continue to work on others
- You must be available for weekly meetings, plus a fuller schedule in the week of the show
- You will also have to undertake work in your own time away from these meetings (e.g. writing scripts, attending gigs to review, visiting galleries, creating graphics etc.)
- You will be required to meet deadlines and work to schedules
- This is a student-led project, we are open to ideas - bring your creativity to the table
- Technical Broadcast Team (TBT) The technical team will operate the cameras, vision mixing, sound, lighting and run the graphics and pre-recorded packages into the live show.
- Content Creation Team (CCT) The content creation team will work to create the pieces that make up the show. They will pitch story/feature ideas, design running orders, and some of them will present to camera.
- Events Management Team (EMT) The events management team will look after the smooth running of the show - liaising with guests, carrying out risk assessments, logistics and ensuring good communication.
- Marketing & Branding Team (MBT) The marketing and branding team will look after the creation of all the show’s graphics along with creating and distributing social media and other promotional content.
In A Nutshell...
- Gain hands-on experience... working on a professional live TV production
- Choose a team ... Content, Events, Tech & Marketing
- Produce field pieces ... present to camera, or work behind the scenes
- Receive mentorship ...from professionals
- Improve your CV ... add to your showreel with professional content
- Receive full training ... don’t worry if you don’t have experience, or you're not from an arts background we will train you, and you can shadow others who do have experience
- Earn up to 160 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
15:00 to 16:00 on 10/11/21 - Takes place online
Production Meeting Assign roles
15:00 to 17:00 on 15/11/21 - Takes place online
Pitch Meeting Pitch and assign pieces
15:00 to 17:00 on 18/11/21 - Takes place online
Production Meeting Sharing Progress
15:00 to 17:00 on 25/11/21 - Takes place online
Production Meeting Share progress/work on run of show
15:00 to 17:00 on 01/12/21 -
Production Meeting Review pre-recorded material/scripts
06/12/21 to 09/12/21
Show Week Deadlines for packages/scripts
09:00 to 17:00 on 10/12/21 -
Produce the show