Activity: Takes place with a fixed time and schedule
15:00 to 16:00
You will earn 4 bronze points for completing this activity.Log In To Book
Make Music with Code
Using the amazing Sonic Pi, you'll create a simple tune using the intuitive Ruby coding language.
Using the amazing Sonic Pi, you'll create a simple tune using the intuitive Ruby coding language. You'll learn something about both coding and music - and see how the two can come together in a creative and fun way. If you can already code or make music, here's a great way to add another string to your bow. No coding or music knowledge is needed, just a laptop. You will need to install Sonic Pi beforehand - just follow the simple instructions at Sonic Pi. About the host: Damian likes to help people learn digital skills, whatever their background. He brings people together in friendly and fun ‘digital making’ activities – both for beginners and for people seeking an interesting challenge. He is The 'a Code Club' founder, Coderdojo Champion, Raspberry Pi Certified Educator and STEM Ambassador. He founded Hive, a non-profit organisation that since 2015 has helped thousands of young people and adults in Greater Manchester to learn digital skills - and to feel empowered in the digital world.
In A Nutshell...
- Collaborate... With coding experts on a fun interactive brief
- Upskill... Your knowledge and understanding of coding
- Engage Online... At any level no coding or music knowledge is needed
- Be creative... creating your own music that could be later developed in your own time
- Earn up to 4 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
15:00 to 16:00 on 02/02/22 - Takes place online
Attend an event