Takes place with a fixed time and schedule
15:00 to 16:00
Make Music with Code
Using the amazing Sonic Pi, you'll create a simple tune using the intuitive Ruby coding language. You'll learn something about both coding and music - and see how the two can come together in a creative and fun way. If you can already code or make music, here's a great way to add another string to your bow.
No coding or music knowledge is needed, just a laptop. You will need to install Sonic Pi beforehand - just follow the simple instructions at Sonic Pi:
Sonic Pi - The Live Coding Music Synth for Everyone (sonic-pi.net)
In A Nutshell...
- Compose...music in an incredible range of styles
- Engage Online... in a Teams-based opportunity
- Discover...new possibilities for what you can do with code
- Collaborate...with other students from across the university
- Earn up to 10 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
15:00 to 16:00 on 19/04/23 - Takes place online