15:00 to 16:00
Make a Website with Code
You can make a website in just 1 hour – and learn the basics of coding along the way.
You can make a website in just 1 hour – and learn the basics of coding along the way. We’ll make a quick, fun website to give you an insight into how it’s done, and how what you see (the front end) links to the magic that goes on behind the scenes (the back end). Total beginners most welcome – you’ll just need a laptop. About the host: Damian likes to help people learn digital skills, whatever their background. He brings people together in friendly and fun ‘digital making’ activities – both for beginners and for people seeking an interesting challenge. He is The 'a Code Club' founder, Coderdojo Champion, Raspberry Pi Certified Educator and STEM Ambassador. He founded Hive, a non-profit organisation that since 2015 has helped thousands of young people and adults in Greater Manchester to learn digital skills - and to feel empowered in the digital world.
In A Nutshell...
- Collaborate... With coding experts on a fun interactive brief
- Upskill... Your knowledge and understanding of coding
- Engage Online... At any level no coding or web creation background is needed
- Be creative... creating your own website in code, that could be later developed in your own time
- Earn up to 4 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
15:00 to 16:00 on 16/03/22 - Takes place online
Attend an event