Make a story with Code
You’ll create a comic-strip style story with words and pictures, using just the basic tools of web design: HTML and CSS code.
It’s OK if you’ve never done coding before - this is your chance to learn some basics in a fun way. Nor do you need to be an expert story writer - pictures and text will be available for you to remix.
Just bring a laptop.
About the host:
Damian likes to help people learn digital skills, whatever their background. He brings people together in friendly and fun ‘digital making’ activities – both for beginners and for people seeking an interesting challenge. He is The 'a Code Club' founder, Coderdojo Champion, Raspberry Pi Certified Educator and STEM Ambassador. He founded Hive, a non-profit organisation that since 2015 has helped thousands of young people and adults in Greater Manchester to learn digital skills - and to feel empowered in the digital world.
In A Nutshell...
- Collaborate... With coding experts on a fun interactive brief
- Upskill... Your knowledge and understanding of coding
- Engage Online... At any level no coding or story writing background is needed
- Be creative... creating your own story in code, that could be later developed in your own time
- Earn up to 4 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
15:00 to 16:00 on 23/03/22 - Takes place online
Attend an event