Takes place with a fixed time and schedule
13:00 to 17:00
Language, translation, interpretation
This will be a playful workshop to help you think critically about the interpretation in museums and galleries, and the language we use to talk about art.
We’ll experiment with language and typography to think about new ways to communicate meaning to audiences, and produce our own set of object descriptions for the museum. You will be introduced to a range of different quick writing exercises to help with writer’s block, and as a group we’ll consider ways to make museum interpretation more exciting, accessible and user friendly. This workshop could be an opportunity to practice a second language, to test out new methods of creative writing or to experiment with typography and the presentation of text. Museum of Half Truths is a research project aiming to take a playful look at the role of museums in our lives and how we can take a more active role in shaping them.
In A Nutshell...
- Play... with language and interpretation.
- Develop... your creative writing skills.
- Learn... new ways to engage with museum artefacts.
- Create... your own set of critical thinking exercises.
- Collaborate... on some new museum captions.
- Earn up to 16 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
13:00 to 17:00 on 01/06/22 - Touchstones Rochdale - The Esplanade, Rochdale OL16 1AQ
Language, translation, interpretation Meeting point is in the lobby.