Introduction to Funding for Creatives
Introduction to sources of support for creative & community projects
- How to know which fund is right for you
- Understand the jargon.
- Develop your case for support
- Tips to communicate your ideas clearly
- What to include in a budget
This workshop is lead by Jennifer McGlone from Glow Arts. With over 20 years experience of working in the Creative Industries, Jennifer has had a diverse career in a variety of roles from music tutor, tour manager, Development Officer for charities, Local Authorities and Creative Scotland, Creative Consultants to Creative Entrepreneur. She currently runs Glow Arts a creative consultancy that works with creatives and community organisations to support them in the development of their projects and fundraising having secured over half million £ in the past 12 months. She is a Director of Braw Wee Emporium, an online Scottish Gift shop that works with over 20 small Scottish Businesses to showcase their and our own in-house products. Passionate about participation in arts and music, and these being a tool for community regeneration. Board Member of the Scottish Music Centre and Seall. Connect with Jennifer @jenmcglone
Tickets are £10 for GCAN members / £15 non-members / FREE for under 25's
We also have some Pay-What-You-Can tickets available for those experiencing financial hardship.
GCAN is a non-profit social enterprise and all ticket sales go towards supporting and sustaining creatives and Participatory Arts activity in Glasgow.
Location: All Scotland ,England, Wales, Northern Ireland, International
For further information, please contact email@example.com (firstname.lastname@example.org)
In A Nutshell...
- Get support... Introduction to sources of support for creative & community projects
- Find out... How to know which fund is right for you and bust the jargon.
- Develop tips... for your case or supporting material, with tips to communicate your ideas clearly
- Learn... Exactly what to include in a budget and how to understand a breakdown
- Earn up to 4 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
10:00 to 12:00 on 27/04/22 - Takes place online
Zoom event Join us for a 2 hour training workshop on funding for creatives, online via zoom