Activity: Takes place with a fixed time and schedule
10:00 to 14:00
You will earn 5 bronze points for completing this activity.Log In To Book
Inspiring Animal Therapy Pop Up
Come and meet the wonderful animals helping children and adults from all backgrounds through animal assisted therapy. There will be lots of animals to meet from mice to chinchillas and maybe even Tallulah the therapy pig!
- Give yourself a break during assessment week and take some time out with a range of lovely animals as well as learning more about animal therapy.
- Through animal therapy people can gain confidence, build trust, improve self esteem and happiness. Being with animals can help people practice empathy and develop authentic connections.
- Research shows that animal therapy is effective for treating a range of conditions like depression, anxiety, and/or trauma-related symptoms, as well as ADHD, autism, dissociative disorders, and other mental health diagnoses.
- Studies show that animal therapy reduces cortisol, the stress hormone. In addition, spending time with animals lowers blood pressure and increases the release of oxytocin, a natural chemical that promotes feelings of positivity and connection.
Find out more about the charity here:
Home | My Business (inspiringanimaltherapy.co.uk)
In A Nutshell...
- Connect...with others and share how you're feeling
- Prioritise...your own mental health & wellbeing
- Gain confidence...handling and interacting with a range of animals
- Earn up to 5 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
10:00 to 14:00 on 12/05/23 - Spanish Steps: Brooks
Animal Therapy Pop Up