Grow Your Own: Mushroom Workshop
Come down to GROW Café in the Business School North Atrium, where our local Mushroom growing partner' Mycolitos, will lead a hands-on session, where you can work alongside other staff and students to create your own mushroom substrates, a process that you can then repeat again and again from you own repurposed household wastes.
You will leave the class with a better understanding of these sustainable food production methods, containers of future oyster mushrooms packed with goodness and a free foldey fungal maintenance guide that will help you to care for them.
The growth of an organism like fungi is a fun practice, a piece of holistic knowledge that can help reconnect a person with the planet. A better understanding of nature can inspire a fascination, encourage acts of sustainability and help to improve health and well-being.
Please meet Norton and Julia in the GROW Café in the Business School North Atrium.
In A Nutshell...
- Collaborate ... with students across the university
- Upskill ... in a development programme facilitated by expert parners
- Engage Online ... a Teams-based opportunity scheduled for Wednesday evenings through Block 2
- Show Leadership ... and the opportunity to demonstrate creative problem solving
- Gain Recognition ... with an externally recognised certification
- Earn up to 4 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
17:30 to 18:30 on 23/11/22 - GROW Cafe, North Atrium, Business School, All Saints Site
Grow Your Own: Mushroom Workshop At this event, you’ll gain new mushroom cultivation skills and get to know like-minded individuals.