GROW WITH US: Orchard Workshop
Come down to our Birley site to help maintain and enhance our Orchard area by the Brookes building. There'll be plenty to get stuck in, with a variety of planting, health checks and summer pruning.
Our local partner Hulme Community Garden Centre and leading the session, and you will be working alongside staff, students and local residents and volunteers to learn about woodland management.
This session will take place come rain or shine, please wear appropriate clothing, and ensure you come in suitable footwear (no open footwear allowed, if it is raining please wear wellies or boots).
Please meet Kath in the Birley community orchard, which is located in front of the Brooks building at 1.30pm.
In A Nutshell...
- Collaborate ... with students & staff across the university
- Upskill ... in a development programme facilitated by expert partners at Hulme Community Garden Centre
- Show Leadership ... and the opportunity to demonstrate creative problem solving
- Improve Wellbeing... by joining a community of students & staff in outdoor spaces
- Earn up to 8 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
13:30 to 15:30 on 12/10/22 - In front of Brooks Building at our Birley Site at Birley Orchard
Attend an event At this event, you'll gain new gardening skills and get to know like-minded individuals.