Global Case Competition at Harvard
Represent Manchester Metropolitan University at an international business competition from 24th January to 30th AprilThe Faculty of Business and Law are looking for students from across all levels and disciplines to represent Manchester Metropolitan University at the Global Case Competition at Harvard (Case Competition | Global Case Competition at Harvard (thecasecompetition.org)) held online, with an In-Person event at Harvard Business School (Boston, Massachusetts) for the finalists.
“The Global Case Competition at Harvard brings together the best and the brightest minds around the world to solve a business case problem.
Since its inception in 2016, the competition has attracted 600+ teams (2500+ students) across the world to compete for a chance to win $10,000. Teams are given 3 weeks to prepare and submit a solution, and the top 10 teams will be invited to pitch their solutions to a panel of judges comprising of distinguished business executives and Harvard Business School professors in April 2022.
Participants will also have access to a series of online networking events and panels discussions featuring representatives from top Consulting firms, Private Equity firms, and Investment Banks, amongst others.
Join now for a once-in-a-lifetime chance to receive a world-class learning experience through a hands-on business case, and to build a unique network with students from all over the world and with executives from the world’s leading institutions!”Key dates:
· February 21, 2022: Case release
· March 13, 2022: Case submission deadline
· April 23, 2022: Competition grand e-finals
· April 29-30, 2022: In-person event: The top ten teams are invited to pitch their solutions to a panel of distinct judges and to attend a series of networking and social events. However, all participants are invited to join the on-campus weekend at Harvard University.Participating in this competition will enhance your CV and employability skills, as it involves team working, leadership, networking, the application of knowledge, critical analysis and evaluation, and presentations. It’s exciting, enjoyable and gives insight into the World of work. Why not test-out your knowledge in a safe environment, internationalise your CV, and, who knows, bring home some silverware?! Submit an expression of interest outlining why you would benefit from taking part by 31st January at 5pm. Please prepare your CV as Harvard will ask for it in the registration process. If you are short-listed, you will commit to participate to a specific training (4 two-hours sessions). Please be aware that once you commit other students will depend on you so please make sure you are willing to undertake the work involved. If your team is successful in round one, you will be invited to take part in subsequent rounds in April 2022. The further your team progresses in the competition, the more Rise points you will earn!
In A Nutshell...
- Open to all... from any degree subject.
- Enhance your CV... by taking part in a real international challenge with the prestigious Harvard Business School.
- Work as part of a team... to solve problems.
- Gain recognition... earn Rise points, and the chance to reach the final!
- Earn up to 300 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
10:00 to 10:00 on 21/02/22 - Takes place online
10:00 to 10:00 on 13/03/22 - Takes place online
Case submission deadline
29/04/22 to 30/04/22 - TBA
In person event The top ten teams are invited to pitch their solutions to a panel of distinct judges and to attend a series of networking and social events.