Gardening workshop: Woodland edition (Stretford Rd)
Back by popular demand! Autumns here & the Orchard area is almost in hibernation. There'll be plenty to get stuck in, with a variety of planting, pruning and wellness activities.
Our local partner Hulme Community Garden Centre and leading the session, and you will be working alongside staff, students and local residents and volunteers to learn about woodland management.
This session will take place come rain or shine, please wear appropriate clothing, and ensure you come in suitable footwear (no open footwear allowed, if it is raining please wear wellies or boots).
Please meet Kath in front of Brooks building at 1:30pm, we'll then head over to the woodland area by Stretford Road on Birley campus in front of the Brooks building (join us here if you arrive after 1:30pm).
In A Nutshell...
- Collaborate ... with students & staff across the university
- Upskill ... in a development programme facilitated by expert partners at Hulme Community Garden Centre
- Show Leadership ... and the opportunity to demonstrate creative problem solving
- Improve Wellbeing... by joining a community of students & staff in outdoor spaces
- Earn up to 10 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
13:30 to 15:30 on 08/11/23 - Brooks reception for 1:30pm or by the woodland area from 1:35pm
Attend an event