Gardening Workshop: Orchard edition
Summers started & we want your help to improve our Orchard area by the Brookes building. There'll be plenty to get stuck in, with a variety of planting, foraging and wellness activities.
Our local partner Hulme Community Garden Centre and leading the session, and you will be working alongside staff, students and local residents and volunteers to learn about woodland management.
This session will take place come rain or shine, please wear appropriate clothing, and ensure you come in suitable footwear (no open footwear allowed, if it is raining please wear wellies or boots).
Please meet Kath in front of Brooks building at 1:30pm, we'll then head over to the Orchard area on Birley campus in front of the Brooks building (join us here if you arrive after 1:30pm).
In A Nutshell...
- Collaborate ... with students & staff across the university
- Upskill ... in a development programme facilitated by expert partners at Hulme Community Garden Centre
- Show Leadership ... and the opportunity to demonstrate creative problem solving
- Improve Wellbeing... by joining a community of students & staff in outdoor spaces
- Earn up to 15 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
13:30 to 15:30 on 05/07/23 - Brooks Building, outside main entrance
Gardening Workshop (Ocrhard by Brooks Building) Attend the event to receive points