Fantastic 3D Plastics Pop-Up
This pop-up event is hosted by Jamie-Lee Wainman of Wainman Design and gives you the chance to experience 3D printing and design. Come along and have a conversation about how innovation and intelligent design can contribute to a more sustainable future. You can experiment with using a 3D-printing pen and see a 3D printer in action.
As this is an exciting and dynamic field, we also want you to get involved! Attending this pop-up will give you the chance to hear about upcoming events and opportunities to work with plastic engineering and reuse. There will also be a space for you to submit your own ideas for projects, events, and activities that Rise can help support and develop in the future.
Creating sustainable solutions to today’s challenges needs input from all walks of life and disciplines. You might not be sure what skills you can bring to this challenge but come and have a chat and you just might be surprised! This event is also supported by students who have undertaken Rise plastic projects already and will be on-hand to demonstrate their work and outputs.
In A Nutshell...
- Discover ... how innovative 3D printing technologies can reduce plastic waste.
- Have a go ... with 3D printing technologies and products.
- Learn from ... a practitioner in the field of 3D design.
- Share ... your ideas for future projects
- Engage... with a sustainable design and development
- Earn up to 5 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
11:00 to 13:00 on 28/04/23 - The Street: John Dalton Building
Fantastic 3D Plastic Pop-Up Come along to this pop to find out about innovative 3D printing technologies
12:55 to 16:00 on 28/04/23 - Ground Floor: Business School
Fantastic 3D Plastics Pop-Up Come along to this pop to find out about innovative 3D printing technologies