Exploring socially engaged practice with Pure Art Studio and Manchester Craft & Design Centre
This workshop is aimed at artists with a socially engaged practice and those looking to work in this area. The session will incorporate creative activities that explore connection, practice and values and the opportunity to meet members of Pure Art Studio, hear about their work and their experience of working in collaboration.
The workshop will draw upon learning gained during Creative Share, a project delivered by Pure Innovations in collaboration with artist Laura Negus, Manchester Museum and Manchester Craft & Design Centre. Creative Share is supported using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England.
To increase capacity, we will be running this event twice. You do not have to attend both sessions as the content will be the same.
In A Nutshell...
- Socially engaged... consider what it means to be a socially engaged practitioner
- Create...get creative in the session
- collaborate...with practitioner Laura Negus to learn from her experiences
- Hear... from organisations such as Manchester Museum and Manchester Craft & Design Centre
- Earn up to 10 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
10:00 to 13:00 on 05/05/22 - Manchester Craft & Design Centre, Manchester
Workshop 1 Thu, 10:00 - 13:00 WORKSHOP: Creative Share: A Socially Engaged Practice
14:00 to 17:00 on 05/05/22 - Manchester Craft & Design Centre, Manchester
Workshop 2 Thu, 14:00 - 17:00 WORKSHOP: Creative Share: A Socially Engaged Practice