Takes place with a fixed time and schedule
to 30th June
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Community Tennis Participation (Lawn Tennis Association)
This internship will look at how tennis as a global sport has addressed issues of equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) in community participation. You will explore good practice and impact in other countries across the globe for the LTA.
Research Host: Dr Chris Mackintosh To improve understanding of progress and initiatives being made in countries outside the UK to widen participation in community tennis. Furthermore, you will map existing projects and programmes in tennis participation and inclusion targeting equality and diversity for country-specific NGBs and their impact and success. In addition, you will explore existing academic and grey literature on tennis participation and EDI. To produce a short literature review report on EDI programmes in tennis globally for the LTA research team by August 1st 2022. This will inform LTA understanding of possible actions and strategies on community tennis participation and EDI through a follow-up workshop. The project can act as a benchmark for LTA progress in policy and good practice in EDI. Up to two places are available. Your expression of interest should explain why you have an interest in researching tennis and evidence of a commitment to equality and inclusion.
In A Nutshell...
- Collaborate... with students across the university
- Research ...the good practice in tennis across the world
- Engage... online by working together on Teams
- Develop... equality, diversity and inclusion insight for the LTA
- Shape... LTA policy and practice in inclusion
- Explore... reports, grey literature and foreign NGB studies in this space.
- Earn up to 300 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
17/05/22 to 30/06/22
Internship Flexible working - 10-20 days of remote work within this time period.