Engineering Workshop Training - Charpy impact
You will be taught to use the Charpy impact test device in EW0.01. This device impacts a notched specimen, and measures the energy absorbed by the specimen before and during failure. This is generally used for hard materials - plastics, metals, or certain biological samples (e.g. bone). Anyone interested in the strength of materials can attend.
Details will be share on the DoE Moodle Page - Course: Department Of Engineering Students (mmu.ac.uk), for you to refer back to after the workshop - or shared via onedrive after the workshop, for those without access to moodle to download and store.
In A Nutshell...
- Upskill... your laboratory skills
- Collaborate... with technicians and students across the university
- Publish... standard operating procedures
- Gain independence... with opportunities to continue to use the workshops after the event
- Earn up to 20 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
14:00 to 17:00 on 11/10/23 - EW0.01
Engineering workshop training - session 1