13:30 to 15:30
Dragon Dance Workshop - Afternoon session
Ever wanted to be a part of a traditional Chinese dragon dance? Here is your chance! Sign up to this unique experience!
In celebration of Chinese New Years, Manchester Met and the Manchester Chinese Centre have come together to bring you a series of Chinese Cultures activities. Kick starting it off with an exclusive workshop where you'll be able to gain experience in one of the most well known symbols of Chinese culture. What you can expect:
- A 2 hour workshop lead and taught by Master Tang.
- A unique experience to indulge yourself into traditional Chinese Culture and have fun!
- All materials will be provided for the workshop, all you need to bring is yourself!
- An expert in traditional Chinese dancing.
- Choreograph's the Dragon Dance for the China Town festivals each year.
- A dedicated member to Manchester Chinese Centre.
In A Nutshell...
- Have fun... and share this experience with your fellow students.
- Become community oriented... by understanding the importance behind the history of the dragon symbolism within the Chinese culture.
- In person event... work in a group, led and taught by Manchester Chinese Centre.
- Immerse... in a creative and fun environment.
- Earn up to 8 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
13:30 to 15:30 on 02/02/22 - Brooks sports hall
Dragon Dance Workshop with Master Tang