14:00 to 16:00
Decolonising and Decarbonising: Education for Climate Justice
This workshop is for Manchester Met students and staff and provides an overview of climate justice, and how this links to the concepts of ‘decolonising’ and ‘decarbonising’ and education. We will explore examples of climate injustice, and how this often intersects with issues like race, gender, class, and indigeneity.
This 'Decarbonise and decolonise' workshop will introduce you to the interconnectivity of these two agendas and identify opportunities to take action. We will explore examples of climate injustice, and how this often intersects with issues like race, gender, class, and indigeneity. Discussions will focus on how we can create transformational approaches that both recognise and challenge the legacies of colonialism and imperialism while provide an understanding of climate justice and its connection with decolonising and decarbonising This session is open to all Man Met Students and Staff. You will be an active participant in the discussions and will be invited to bring critical insight to the table. Delivered in partnership with Students Organising for Sustainability-UK (SOS-UK), all welcome.
In A Nutshell...
- •Engage...In discussions that challenge and recognise the legacy of colonialism
- •Opportunity... To identify ways to apply decolonising and decarbonising for climate justice to the education sector
- •Develop... your own practice to consider climate justice
- •Explore... the role of students and staff, Students’ Union, and Trade Union members in acting for decolonising and decarbonising education
- Earn up to 5 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
14:00 to 16:00 on 06/10/21 - Takes place online
Attend the event