Common Purpose Global Citizenship Course
Common Purpose is a global leadership organization devoted to developing leaders who can cross boundaries. Both at work and in society. Each year, they run a leadership development programme for Universities across the world, with strictly limited places. This year, they would like to offer spaces to 20 students from Manchester Met through Rise.
Here is what they say about their programme:
Common Purpose is a global not-for-profit with 30+ years’ experience developing inclusive leaders who can cross boundaries. Our programmes are highly experiential, exposing students to different perspectives, places, organisations and challenges – often at a global scale. Underpinned by robust methodologies, thought leadership and learning frameworks, we give thousands of students every year the skills and experiences to become leaders who can make an impact – at work and in society.
As a result of this programme, you will be able to :
- identify and commit to taking action on one SDG
- collaborate with a diverse group of peers from universities across the world
- develop the skills to work with your peers to advance your shared goals create action and implementation plans to work on your goal after the programme ends
- gain the Global Citizenship micro-credential
- demonstrate to employers that you have the skills to effect complex change.
This three-week blended learning journey consists of synchronous and asynchronous components and a
Common Purpose Global Citizenship micro-credential.
In A Nutshell...
- Collaborate ... with students across the world
- Make a Difference ... by contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals
- Deepen Insight ... with global leaders and innovators in sustainability
- Work Online ... with scheduled sessions and flexible self-study.
- Gain Recognition ... with an exclusive SDG micro-credential
- Earn up to 60 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
09:00 to 12:00 on 17/03/22 - Takes place online
Understanding Context Through a 2-hours synchronous session, you will come together to understand from senior leaders about advancing the SDGs and through sharing with your peers from across the world, on why the SDGs are a critical priority for you as a generation.
18/03/22 to 07/04/22
Deepening Understanding Spend 6 hours across three weeks, at your own pace, on an asynchronous Global Citizenship course choosing the SDG you want to focus on, deepening your understanding of the SDGs and developing the 21st century skills you will need to advance the SDGs.
10:00 to 12:00 on 08/04/22 - Takes place online
Action Planning You will reconvene with the entire cohort for 2 hours of synchronous learning. You will choose from industry-led workshops to help yourself develop action plans and continue to develop the key skills you need to advance the SDGs
08/04/22 to 29/04/22
Reflection Through a 250-word graded assessment, you will share your reflection, learning and commitment to action to earn the Global Citizenship micro-credential—a digital representation of the skills and competencies you will develop through the programme