10:00 to 12:00
Chinese Performing Arts: Fashion, Costume & Performance Skills
This session will be exploring traditional Chinese opera fashion and attire. There'll be an opportunity to dress up, learn about this practice and take plenty of pictures!
In celebration of Chinese New Years, Manchester Met and the Manchester Chinese Centre have come together to bring you a series of Chinese Cultures activities.
What you can expect:
- A workshop jam packed with learning the history and importance of Chinese opera.
- A chance to wear traditional Chinese dresses and costumes.
- Learn how to wear, walk and move in traditional costumes.
- Have fun engaging new culture.
In A Nutshell...
- Have fun ... and share this experience with your fellow students.
- Become community oriented ... by understanding the history of performance within the Chinese culture.
- In person event ... work in a group, led and taught by Manchester Chinese Centre
- Immerse yourself ... in a creative and fun environment!
- Earn up to 10 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
10:00 to 12:00 on 23/02/22 - John Dalton E412
Attend in-person session