Carbon Literacy Session Assistant Training (Business and Management/Marketing/Law only)
Please note this training is only open to level 5 students on the following unit: 'Investigating Responsible Enterprise in a Global Context' (5S5Z1001_2324_9). If this does not apply to you, you can sign up for a version of this training that is open to all students here.
This is not regular Carbon Literacy training. You should only apply if you want to work as a Carbon Literacy Session Assistant.
About the Session Assistant Training Programme:
In response to the urgency of the climate crisis, we are working to make Carbon Literacy training a standard part of all degree programmes at Man Met by 2026. Students can play a key role in this initiative by training to become Carbon Literacy Session Assistants.
Session Assistants provide vital support during Carbon Literacy training sessions, including:
- Facilitating discussions during activities
- Helping to set up before and clear up after the session
- Handing out materials
After completing the Session Assistant Training Programme, you will be able to apply for paid jobs supporting the delivery of Carbon Literacy training through Jobs 4 Students.
How to Apply
Places are limited. Interested students should submit an expression of interest answering the following questions:
- Are you currently enrolled on the following unit: Investigating Responsible Enterprise in a Global Context (5S5Z1001_2324_9)? (yes/no)
- Why do you want to become a Carbon Literacy Session Assistant?
- Have you already completed regular Carbon Literacy training?
The Facilitator Skills Workshop is the first step on the (optional) path to becoming a Student Carbon Literacy Trainer. The Train-the-Trainer Programme will run in January 2024, but anyone wishing to join that programme must first have completed the Session Assistant Training.
If you have any additional learning requirements, please contact us as soon as you are able, at email@example.com so we can determine how to best support you in undertaking this training.
In A Nutshell...
- Develop... transferable leadership, communication, and facilitation skills
- Get paid... to support Carbon Literacy training within the University
- Contribute... to an ambitious project to make Carbon Literacy training available to all Manchester Met students by 2026
- Make an impact... on the most pressing issue of our time
- Earn up to 40 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
13:30 to 17:00 on 07/11/23 - BS 3.11
Carbon Literacy Session Assistant Training Carbon Literacy Session Assistant Training