Activity: Takes place with a fixed time and schedule
to 31st August
You will earn 150 gold points for completing this activity.Log In To Book
Building a young women's cycling podcast
This is an activity designed to give students the skills to develop a cycling podcast and manage the promotion of the account.
The podcast is specifically targeted at young female cyclists and those women and girls that wish to cycle more and in different fun ways. You will also map and research current competitors in this digital space.
A fantastic opportunity to work across colleagues both internally and externally you'll provide valuable expertise while building your professional network.
In A Nutshell...
- Collaborate...We hope you'll be collaborating with other students in sport, media and even sociology and politics on all the big female cycling topics.
- Upskill...you will learn how to design an interview with an expert, approach them professionally and conduct a digital interview.
- Show leadership...we are specifically looking for young women to demonstrate leadership in sport journalism. Might you think about becoming a registered sport journalist?
- Gain recognition...might you start towards developing acknowledgement as a registered sport journalist.
- Earn up to 150 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
14/05/23 to 21/05/23
Mapping of existing female focused podcasts To understand a research project into the current market for UK female-focused cyclingpodcasts
21/05/23 to 27/07/23
To start to identify five podcast interviewees for Q/A
28/05/23 to 31/08/23
Add a Spotify podcast channel Use five interviews with x 5 over 18 young female cyclists Interview Dr Chris Mackintosh re: national British Cycling Study on C&YP (2023) Add side linked blogs and a video (MMU) to space