Bradford Pit Project: Heritage - Creativity - Community
Work with a diverse group of volunteers and experts to investigate an existing archive and give voice to local residents.
Any discipline with interests in visual communication; digital media/related technologies; content generation; archives; public history/heritage; community work.
A variety of collaborative learning experiences and visits across, 1 day or 2 half days per week from May 9th– June 24that various locations, including MMU, Archives+ Central Library, Manchester and Beswick Library, East Manchester.
- A minimum of 1 day per week between May 9th – June 24th at various locations in Manchester including MMU; Archives+ at Central Library and Beswick Library, East Manchester.
- 6-12 hours per week level of commitment required from students, but this is negotiable.
If this sounds like something for you…
Apply by filling in our Expression of Interest. Please include in your answer:
- What subject you are currently studying and the direction of study within your subject area
- Why you want this role
- Personal interest that you feel are relevant
In A Nutshell...
- Collaborate... with students from across the university and volunteers from East Manchester
- Upskill... advance your skills in communication (written, oral, digital, visual); whilst supporting community participation and skill development
- Gain professionalising experiences.... in research; public engagement; project development and design
- Mentor... receive advice and support from consultants and experts, whilst gaining leadership skills and mentoring community volunteers
- Engage with archives... gain experience in interpretation and digital media storytelling
- Deliver community benefits...present your collaborative ideas to the project team and have the opportunity to continue this work to realisation
- Earn up to 300 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
09/05/22 to 29/06/22 - various locations, including MMU, Archives+ Central Library, Manchester and Beswick Library, East Manchester
Specific dates, times and locations TBC Dates will be confirm within the coming weeks.