Barclays Digital Eagles
This exciting Rise Activity will provide you with access to specialist digital training from Barclays, including sessions on AI, Digital Security and Future Proofing your Profile. In turn, you can then take your newfound levels of expertise the help upskill and empower the Greater Manchester Community – most notably those marginalised by today’s digitalised world.
As well as helping to upskill your local community, volunteering as a Digital Eagle allows students to develop and further enhance key employability skills such as confidence, communication and adaptability.
The sessions below are as follows:
- Monday June 6th 1pm – 2pm – Introduction and Career Readiness
- Tuesday June 7th 1pm – 2pm – Digital Security, Fraud and Scam Awareness
- Wednesday June 8th 1pm – 2pm – Future Proofing your Profile.
- Thursday June 9th 1pm – 2pm – Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Friday June 10th 11am – 4pm – Bitesize sessions in Money Mules, Online Gaming Safely, Becoming a Confident Presenter, Keep Yourself Productive & Using Tech to Stay Safe.
Attendance at all these events is mandatory to gain the Rise Points on offer. Participants will be expected to actively engage in the sessions, as they will be of an interactive nature.
On completion of the aforementioned sessions, you will be set a challenge for week 2. This volunteering will can be used to gain further RISE points!
In A Nutshell...
- Digital Skills...attend training sessions with experts in their field.
- Get Experience...put your new skills into practice by completing a challenge.
- Engage Flexibly...attend online or on campus.
- Volunteer...Get connected to a local community organisation when you complete.
- Earn up to 180 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
06/06/22 to 17/06/22 - TBA
Attend a mixture of Hybrid workshops