Aspiring Teachers - Day in the Life of an Early Career Teacher (ECT)
After completing a PGCE and starting your first teaching post, for the first two years of your career you are classified as an Early Career Teacher (ECT). Being an ECT means you receive dedicated mentoring and support as you start to do the job for real as a paid member of staff! In this session a past student of our PGCE programme will come in to discuss how they transitioned from PGCE student to Early Career Teacher (ECT).
In A Nutshell...
- Gain insight...into a career in Teaching
- Engage...with students and alumni to hear about their experiences
- Develop skills...in effective planning for lessons and developing professional relationships
- Gain experience...working within a school or on a project for an educational setting
- Earn up to 10 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
16:00 to 17:00 on 21/02/23 - Brooks 1.64
Attend in Person On campus session as part of the Aspiring Teachers programme.