This programme supports talented Man Met students – from any discipline or subject – to transition into a career in Teaching. Through the programme you will gain:
- Careers Insights into Teaching, and some of the ways you can advantage yourself in the applications process.
- Relevant Skills with a training programme related to planning for and supporting learning, and an understanding of how these are applied by practicing teachers.
- Practical Experience with a short placement or project in a school, delivering an enrichment activity.
The programme will combine on-campus sessions, self-study and placement work as set out in the schedule. On completing the course you will receive 250 points – with the opportunity to earn a further 160 with the recommended self-study kits.
Completing this programme will help support your application to PGCE and you will be able to demonstrate a full understanding of the role and skills required to be successful in these professions.
*Please be aware you will need to complete a DBS clearance check to take part in the placement element of this programme, this will be completed after the advertisement is closed & will be paid for by the programme – however you will need to provide documentation for this.
This activity is a Man Met Rise Career Incubator: Whilst conventional graduate schemes start when you finish University and secure a job, through Man Met Rise we make this kind of experience and training available to you before you leave us. We want to give you every advantage in accelerating your career towards your goal. Priority will be given to those that have engaged with the programme and attained their Silver or Bronze Educator Badge.
In A Nutshell...
- Gain insight...into a career in Teaching
- Engage...with students and alumni to hear about their experiences
- Develop skills...in effective planning for lessons and developing professional relationships
- Gain experience...working within a school or on a project for an educational setting
- Showcase...your knowledge and experience for your Teaching application
- Earn up to 300 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
29/05/23 to 02/06/23 - Brooks Building
Week 1: Skill Development Learn about the career pathway to teaching and develop some key skills and competencies which underpin successful education.
05/06/23 to 16/06/23
Placement / Practical Tasks Put your skills into practice in a placement in Greater Manchester. Whilst you are not on placement, you are encouraged to complete optional self-study kits