Art School Live - Plan & Produce a Hybrid Music Festival
After two hugely successful festivals in 2021 & 2022, Art School Live Festival is back for its third outing, this time as part of the FutureMe week. By signing up for this Rise activity, you are applying to help run the festival.
The festival will be a fully hybrid event with a full physical audience whilst also being live-streamed on YouTube. Each night will constitute over 4 hours of live streamed content with a wide-ranging set of performers.
We need students to get involved in all aspects of the festival from branding & marketing, to camera operation & vision mixing, to sound & lighting and event management.
This is a professional, public-facing event. You'll need to work to high standards, sometimes under direction, sometimes autonomously.
Please check the list of dates. Additional meetings may be required as the project progresses. You will be required to also complete some work in your own time.
What you need to bring to the table
- Commitment: we’re asking you to commit to the show date, and the dates of the meetings and training in advance of the show.
- You will also have to undertake some work in your own time away from these meetings (e.g. creating graphics/animations, writing reviews, scheduling social media posts etc.) – each team usually meets up on an informal basis in between the official meetings.
- You will be required to meet deadlines and work to schedules.
- This is a student-led project – bring your creativity to the table.
Students will be split into three teams to run all the different aspects of the project:
- Technical Broadcast Team (TBT) team will operate the cameras, vision mixing, sound, lighting and run the graphics and pre-recorded packages into the live show.
- Events Management Team (EMT) will look after the smooth running of the show – liaising with guests, carrying out risk assessments, logistics and ensuring good communication.
- Marketing & Branding Team (MBT) team will look after the creation of the show’s graphics along with creating and distributing social media and other promotional content.
In A Nutshell...
- Gain hands-on experience... working on a professional live music event
- Choose a team ... Events, Tech & Marketing
- Use new equipment ... operate a full Blackmagic streaming setup
- Improve your CV ... add to your showreel with professional content
- Receive full training ... don’t worry if you don’t have experience, or you're not from an arts background we will train you, and you can shadow others who do have experience
- Earn up to 80 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
13:00 to 15:00 on 30/11/22 - SODA 2.23 - Maker Space
Production Meeting (Introduction) An introductory meeting for the project.
13:00 to 14:30 on 12/12/22 - SODA 2.23 - Maker Space
Production Meeting Round-up of plans before the Christmas break.
13:00 to 14:30 on 18/01/23 - SODA 2.23 - Maker Space
Production Meeting Final planning session before the show.
23/01/23 to 25/01/23 - SODA 2nd Floor Village Green 2.19
Festival Setup (Lighting, Staging, Sound, Cameras, Vision Mix...) Setting up the venue for the festival.
12:00 to 22:00 on 26/01/23 - SODA 2nd Floor Village Green 2.19
Festival - DAY ONE Day one of the music festival, 3 or 4 bands will play sets, a physical audience will be in attendance, and we'll stream the whole event to youtube. Setup/soundchecks in the day, music in the evening.
12:00 to 22:00 on 27/01/23 - SODA 2nd Floor Village Green 2.19
Festival - DAY TWO Day two of the music festival, 3 or 4 bands will play sets, a physical audience will be in attendance, and we'll stream the whole event to youtube. Setup/soundchecks in the day, live music in the evening.
11:00 to 16:00 on 28/01/23 - SODA 2nd Floor Village Green 2.19
Equipment Packdown Packing all the equipment away after the show, an integral part of any production.