An Introduction to aAh! Magazine
aAh! is a well established arts and culture magazine and online platform run by student volunteers with a passion for journalism and a love for Manchester. It is honest, engaging and curious; a trusted source for relevant news, views, creative work and current news and trends.
Join this Rise project to connect with the aAh! Magazine editorial team and discover opportunities to pitch your work to the team to be considered for online and print publication and apply for editorial, branding and marketing roles.
We will introduce you to a range of student media opportunities, develop your understanding of how aAh! Magazine operates and connect you with the current aAh! Magazine editorial team to discover opportunities to pitch your work to the team to be considered for online and print publication.
At aAh! we aim to provide a safe and supportive space in which students volunteers can be creative and have their voices heard, while boosting their confidence – and CV – with skills in journalism, publishing, social media and more.
aAh! is looking for journalists, editors, graphic designers, illustrators, filmmakers, photographers, social media marketers on an ongoing basis to help make aAh! online and print platforms an informed, inspiring, witty and opinionated collection of student voices and talents that make our city brilliant.
Joining the aAh! team will equip you with professional skills to support you as a new journalist on the road to publication.
To find out more about the opportunities available at aAh! Magazine visit: www.aah.magazine.co.uk/work-with-us
In A Nutshell...
- Collaborate... Work in teams to develop a publishing schedule
- Participate... Pitch your ideas and get creative
- Show leadership... Bring your voice to the table and explore creative ideas in a supportive environment
- Engage... Connect with our interdisciplinary student editorial team, meet new people and learn from new perspectives
- Advocate... Use your new platform to make a change and have your voice heard
- Earn up to 3 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
16:00 to 17:30 on 10/11/21 - Takes place online