Alumni Panel: Sports Nutrition, Health and Wellbeing
Featuring Manchester Met graduates working in Sports Nutrition, Health and Well-being. This is a fantastic opportunity to hear from alumni who have taken the next steps in their career journeys.
Alumni panels are a forum for you to ask questions, gain top tips, get some insight into different career pathways, and start building connections in the industries that interest you.
Tom Paine - Physiotherapist at GB Taekwondo
Bsc (Hons) Physiotherapy, 2015
"I have been working full time with both Olympic and Paralympic squads since the beginning of 2017. I went to the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games to support the team in which they won both silver and bronze medals."
Jillian Greenwood - Self Employed Personal Trainer/Well-being Coach
Ba(Hons) Criminology and Sociology, 2002
"I have pursued two careers since University! I am a personal Trainer/Wellbeing Coach as well as a Crown Court Probation Officer.
I am also a published Author both in the UK (with Penguin Random House), and the USA (With Chronicle Publishers). My books were created following a gap I found in 'the personal trainer nutrition market' for people who have busy lives (like myself!) but want to eat healthy but affordable food.
I once ‘bear crawled’ the Race for Life 5KM and balancing two careers with motherhood is without an achievement! "
Jack Newby - Health and well-being analyst at East Midlands Railway
BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science, 2014 AND MSc Sport and Exercise Science, 2020
"My key achievements:
- Embedding Sport and Exercise Science professional practice into Boditrax Technologies.
- Hiring MMU SES Graduates!
- Collaborating with industry partners, NHS, Renault Sport Racing, UK Active, Fitness First Asia & more. "
Dan Richardson- Owner/Head of Nutrition at DRN Nutrition
MSc Sport Nutrition, 2020
My key achievements:
- Owner/Head of Nutrition of my own company (DRN Nutrition)
- Previous held the title of ‘Head of Nutrition’ at a professional rugby club (Warrington Wolves RLFC)
- Recently published my Masters "
Bethany Kershaw - Physiologist - Health assessment specialist / phlebotomist in private health care
BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science, 2019 AND MSc Sport and Exercise Science, 2021.
My key achievements:
- Worked as a physical performance coach for England Football, working with the blind, deaf and cerebral palsy squads
- Currently writing research papers for AFC Bournemouth
In A Nutshell...
- Expertise...meet talented alumni who will share will a wealth of experience and skills with you.
- Networking...opportunity to build your professional network.
- Insight...hear from those who have successfully navigated the journey from student to graduate.
- Ask...gain top tips and get some insight into different career pathways
- Earn up to 2 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
13:00 to 14:00 on 16/02/22 - Takes place online
Alumni Panel: Sports Nutrition, Health and Wellbeing In this session you will hear from alumni panel members who will be sharing their personal and professional journeys. this will be an opportunity for you to ask questions, gain top tips, get some insight into different career pathways, and start building connections in the industries that interest you.