aAh! Magazine: Introduction to Student Media and Feature Writing
Join the aAh! Magazine MS Teams Group
Explore magazine journalism and develop your feature writing skills with aAh! – Manchester Metropolitan University’s arts and culture student magazine. This workshop will delve into approaches for connecting with audiences by utilising effective storytelling and journalism skills, and introduce you to a range of student media opportunities.
There will be an opportunity to connect with the current aAh! Magazine editorial team and discover opportunities to pitch your work to be considered for publication in our latest print magazine - The CHANGE Issue.
Check out The CHANGE Issue call for print submissions and start pitching your ideas today.
At aAh! we aim to provide a safe and supportive space in which students volunteers can be creative and have their voices heard, while boosting their confidence – and CV – with skills in journalism, publishing, social media and more.
In A Nutshell...
- Collaborate...... Work in teams to develop a publishing schedule
- Participate...... Pitch your ideas and get creative
- Show leadership...... Bring your voice to the table and explore creative ideas in a supportive environment
- Engage...... Connect with our interdisciplinary student editorial team, meet new people and learn from new perspectives
- Advocate...... Use your new platform to make a change and have your voice heard
- Earn up to 5 Rise points ... which can be recognised within your degree.
15:30 to 17:00 on 26/01/22 - Takes place online