These challenges have been designed to support you in reducing the emissions associated with the food you eat. Pick one (or all three!) of these challenges below.
- Low carbon recipes: Contribute to our low carbon recipe book! Research and try out a low carbon recipe.
- Useful websites for this includes The Flexitarian, WWF recipes and BBC Good Food (classic recipes minus the meat).
- A word of caution; If you do a google search for low carbon food, make sure you don’t look at low carb recipes (i.e. food low in carbohydrates) as ironically many low carb recipes have high carbon footprints!
- Reduce food waste: Identify one food item that you seem to waste a lot of. Then visit Love Food Hate Waste and scroll down to “Find a leftover food recipe”. Find a recipe or tip for your food item.
- There’s an app for that!: Find an app that will help with reducing carbon emissions from food. There are a number of apps out there to support low carbon eating from how to tackle food waste and eat seasonally to how we can reduce our meat consumption.
Good luck with your challenge!