- Boost your employability with real world experience
- Flexible opportunities to fit around your studies in any year of study
- Wide ranging internships sourced by the careers and employability service
- Credit your own experience, by arranging your own internship.
- Gain recognition and credit with up to 300 Rise Points
The Careers and Employability service have partnered with Rise, in order to support short internships of 100-140 hours as an optional element of your degree. Internships are flexible in terms of when they can be taken, and can be completed in any year of your degree. They are intended to fit around your studies – you can complete the hours one/two days per week during term time or complete in blocks over Easter or Summer holiday periods.
All Rise Internships are eligible for points. Completing 100 hours will accrue 300 Rise points, allowing you to gain degree transcript recognition as a University accredited internship and, where eligible, the opportunity to gain course credits. But you can also undertake shorter internships (down to 50 hours) for fewer points alongside our broader Rise offer.
Each student who completes a Rise Internship can claim up to £50 to cover expenses.
Where do I find internship opportunities?
- Option 1 – Source your own internship using your own networks and contacts. Make speculative applications using Linkedin and other job sites. Once you have secured a role you need to notify the MMU Placement Team at email@example.com so the role can be officially approved and accredited through the scheme.
- Option 2 – Source through the University. Manchester Met has excellent links with local employers and advertises a range of internship opportunities. All of the Rise Internship opportunities sourced by the University will be advertised on MyCareerHub. Take a look at live opportunities here – https://mycareerhub.mmu.ac.uk/ selecting ‘RISE INTERNSHIPS’ as the job type.
If you have any questions, please contact the MMU Placement Team at https://mycareerhub.mmu.ac.uk/students/questions/